Chess will always be fashionable. That’s why we are happy to invite you to the first chess tournament at The Mall. It is organized in partnership with chess club Levski and will be held on the 11th of May.
The tournament is open for men and women without age restriction.
The only limitation is the play time – everyone has only 5 minutes per game and additional 3 second per move.
The games start at 10:30 and end at 16:30. This is a Swiss-system tournament in 11 rounds.
The chess tournament is special not only because it’s the first at The Mall, but because the world-record holder grandmaster Kiril Georgiev will be our guest.
The location is level -2 in front of the elevators. It is perfect for watching the chess battles. If you want to not only watch, but play as well, you need to register not later than 8th of May by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0885 80 60 60.
There’s no registration fee and there are plenty of awards.
- First place – a cup, golden medal and 200-leva voucher from Andrews.
- 2nd place – silver medal and 200-leva voucher from Grand Optics.
- 3rd place – bronze medal and 200-leva voucher from GiAnni.
- 4th place – Giulian: a unisex watch.
- 5th to 14th place – 10 special przies from Orange Center and a branded hat.
- 15th to 24th place – a 6-donut box from Dunkin Donuts and 10 discount vouchers from Grand Optics.
- 25th to 30th place – 6 chess books from “Levski” chess club.
- The best player that’s 20-year-old or younger receives a golden medal and 200-leva voucher from Tommy Hilfiger.
- 2nd place under 21 – a silver medal and a chess book.
- 3rd place under 21 – a bronze medal and a chess book.
- Best player that’s 12-year-old or young – a golden medal and a chess book.
- 2nd place 12-year-olds or younger – a silver medal and a chess book.
- 3rd place 12-year-olds or younger – bronze medal and a chess book.
There’s a total of 36 prizes and 100 players.